← All Recipes
A freesweet recipe:
Flourless dark-chocolate cake with fresh cream
A rich, velvet-smooth chocolate cake that’s practically sugar-free.
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Line a 20cm loose-bottomed baking pan with baking paper and grease with butter.
- Melt chocolate over a double boiler and stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In a separate bowl, cream butter and sugar with an electric beater until light and fluffy.
- Add egg yolks to mixture, one at a time, while beating.
- Fold cooled chocolate into egg mixture.
- Carefully fold almond flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, orange juice and grated peel, and vanilla essence into egg mixture.
- Beat cream of tartar and egg whites with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Fold egg whites into cake batter.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake for 40–45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove cake from the oven and leave to cool for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.
- Whip fresh cream with Vanilla Freesweet.
- Serve cake topped with whipped cream and fresh berries.
For more recipes visit www.freesweet.co.za/recipes