← All Recipes
A freesweet recipe:
Ayanda's Rich Chocolate cake
As seen on the Home Channel
Serves: 1 cake
- FOR CAKE:
- • Preheat the oven at 180 degrees Celsius. Cream the butter and Freesweet using an electric whisk. (the freesweet will fly around due to its lightness but will settle so don’t worry).
- • Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- • In a separate bowl sift in the dry ingredients.
- • In another bowl, mix together the coffee, milk, water and vanilla essence.
- • Beat alternate halves of the dry then wet ingredients into the screamed sugar and butter. Do the same with the remaining halves until mix is well incorporated.
- • Divide the cake into two tins and bake for 30-35 minutes. Insert toothpick to check doneness of the cakes and leave them to cool in the tins for a few minutes then turn them out onto a wire rack to cook completely.
- FOR ICING:
- • Melt butter in a pot and add cocoa powder. Stir until well corporated.
- • Transfer the butter and cocoa mix into your mixing bowl, add icing sugar and beat with an electric whisk.
- • Add milk, one tablespoon at a time until smooth and glossy.
- • Ice your cake in the middle, ice the sides and then decorate as desired. (I used strawberries and dark chocolate shavings, we’re being healthy remember).
For more recipes visit www.freesweet.co.za/recipes