A freesweet recipe:
Freesweet Malva Pudding
- Preheat the oven to 180° C. Grease an ovenproof dish with nonstick spray.
- Cream the butter, sugar and eggs together.
- Mix the vinegar and bicarbonate of soda and to the jam.
- Sift the flour into a bowl. Add the creamed butter and jam mixtures and mix while pouring in the milk and salt to form a batter. Pour the batter into the prepared dish and bake for 55 minutes or until golden brown.
- for sauce:
- Bring the ingredients to the boil in a small saucepan, stirring frequently.
- Pour the sauce over the pudding as it comes out of the oven.
- Serve hot with ice cream or custard.
For more recipes visit www.freesweet.co.za/recipes