A freesweet recipe:
mini cheesecake cupcakes
- THE BASE
- Using a food processor, blend digestive biscuits into fine mixture. Pour into a bowl and add melted butter. Mix well.
- Divide evenly into 12 muffin liners in a muffin pan. Using a spoon, press the mixture tightly and evenly. Set aside.
- THE CHEESE FILLING
- Using a low speed in your mixer, mix cream cheese until just creamy. While mixing, gradually add in Freesweet. Then add in eggs 1 by 1, mixing just until well combined.
- Then add in vanilla extract, lemon juice, flour and mix again just until combined. Finally add in sour cream and mix everything together.
- Using an ice cream scoop, divide the cheesecake filling evenly into prepared muffin pan. Gently shake the pan to make the top surface flat.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 320ºF (160ºC) for 15 minutes or when you gently shake the pan, the cheesecake wiggle a bit and the center look not as set.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool to room temperature in the pan. Place the pan in the fridge overnight.
- Do not over mix to avoid cheesecake from cracking while baking.
- It's easier to remove the cheesecakes from the pan after they're chilled in the fridge.
- They taste amazingly delicious after an overnight chilling in the fridge.
For more recipes visit www.freesweet.co.za/recipes