← All Recipes
A freesweet recipe:
Santa's gingerbread cookies
A healthier snack to keep Santa strong this christmas!
Serves: 24 cookies
- In a bowl, mix flour, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda and salt.
- In another large bowl, mix butter and Freesweet until well combined. Mix in the honey, egg and vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture to the liquid mixture and mix until combined.
- Shape the dough into a rectangle and wrap it in a plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface until it's about 1/2cm thick.
- Cut out the gingerbread cookies using the cookie cutters.
- Put the cookies on a baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove the gingerbread cookies from the oven and sprinkle with Freesweet or decorate with icing of your choice.
For more recipes visit www.freesweet.co.za/recipes