A freesweet recipe:
chef lucia's chocolate fondant
- Get your moulds (or muffin pan) ready
- Using upward strokes, heavily brush the melted butter all over the inside of the pudding mould.
- Place the muffin pan in the fridge or freezer. Brush more melted butter over the chilled butter, then add a good spoonful of cocoa powder into the muffin pan.Tip the mould so the powder completely coats the butter.
- Tap any excess cocoa back into the jar, then repeat with the next muffin pan.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave for about 2 minutes.
- Let it cool then add butter and sugar.
- Give it a stir.
- In a separate bowl add 3 egg yolks and 3 eggs.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Add melted chocolate mix into the whipped eggs.
- Add flour and nix making sure you don't knock the air out.
- You can freeze this mix up to a month.
- Just add 5 minutes to your baking time.
- Pour into muffin pans and bake at 180 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Serve with whipped cream, ice cream or any sauce of your choice.
For more recipes visit www.freesweet.co.za/recipes