← All Recipes
A freesweet recipe:
Dark Chocolate Muffins
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a 12 hole muffin tin with paper muffin cases.
- Put the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl. Microwave on medium (500W) for 2 minutes, stir then microwave for a further 2 more minutes until smooth. Alternatively, rest the bowl over a pan of gently simmering water until the ingredients melt.
- Stir together the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, cocoa powder and Freesweet in a large bowl.
- In a jug, lightly mix together the soured cream and eggs. Pour into the dry ingredients with the melted chocolate mixture. Mix together until just combined.
- Divide the mixture between the prepared paper cases and bake the muffins for 18 minutes until risen and firm. Cut a heart shape out of a piece of paper, rest paper over a muffin and dust with sieved Freesweet.
For more recipes visit www.freesweet.co.za/recipes