A freesweet recipe:
Deb's Milk Tart
Serves: 1 milk tart
- FOR FILLING:
- Heat the milk to boiling point.
- Beat eggs well and freesweet until smooth and add cornflour and flour. Whisk until well combined.
- Add the hot milk into the egg mixture, slowly tempering the two mixtures.
- Keep stirring while adding the milk and make sure it is added slow so as to not scramble the eggs.
- Place back on the heat and stir until the mixture thickens. The longer you leave it on the heat, the thicker it will become. The mixture should be a thick consistency like custard.
- Take off the heat and add the vanilla essence and butter.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 180 degrees C ~ until slightly firm.
- Dust the baked milk tart with cinnamon.
- FOR CRUST:
- Combine the almond flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the softened butter and Original Freesweet.
- Once looking fluffy, add the egg and combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter, Freesweet & egg mixture and fold in with a wooden spoon to bring together.
- Roll the mixture into a ball and press into a baking dish to shape the crust.
- Bake for ± 15 minutes at 200°C, until golden brown.
For more recipes visit www.freesweet.co.za/recipes