← All Recipes
A freesweet recipe:
miso soy glazed salmon
- Using a blender or food processor, mix together miso paste/soybean paste, soy sauce, mirin, sesame oil, Freesweet, garlic and ginger. Alternatively, mince garlic and mix the other ingredients together.
- Marinate defrosted salmon with half of the sauce for 30-45 minutes. Set aside the other half to make the glaze later.
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees C.
- Cooking method 1:
- Add vegetable oil to cast iron skillet and heat up skillet. When the cast iron is heated up (you should be able to feel the heat), sear marinated salmon non-skin side down for 1 minute. Do not pour marinate to skillet. Flip the salmon over and immediately bring cast iron skillet and salmon into the already pre-heated oven. Cook for 8-11 minutes, depending on thickness of the salmon
- Cooking method 2:
- Place salmon on a baking tray greased with vegetable oil. Bake marinated salmon for 11-15 minutes (do not pour marinated to baking tray), depending on the thickness of the salmon
- While the salmon is in the oven, bring the sauce that was set aside earlier to a pot, add 1-2 tbsp of water, and bring to boil. Lower the heat and continue to cook sauce/glaze for a minute or so. Glaze should thicken slightly. Remove from heat.
- Drizzle some of the glaze onto the salmon. Serve the rest of the glaze as a dipping sauce.
For more recipes visit www.freesweet.co.za/recipes