← All Recipes
A freesweet recipe:
candied walnut and vegan parmesan salad
Created by @vratedblog
- Heat 2x teaspoons of vegan margarine with a tablespoon of Freesweet in a pan on a medium heat. Add in half a cup of chopped walnuts and stir continuously until coated and caramelized.
- Transfer them onto a piece of wax paper and separate quickly before the dry and stick together.
- Rip up some fresh lettuce in a bowl and add in arugula in the ration 2:1.
- Chop up some cucumber and half an avo. Sprinkle on top of the lettuce mix.
- Finely chop half a mango and add to the salad.
- Add in candied walnuts and grate over the vegan Parmesan cheese using a potato peeler or the wide side of the grater to ensure they are chunky or ribbon like. Serve with dressing and roasted bruschetta or gluten free crackers.
For more recipes visit www.freesweet.co.za/recipes