← All Recipes
A freesweet recipe:
Chef Gerhard’s hoisin chicken wings with a freesweet sesame, coconut and cashew brittle
As seen on the Home Channel
800g Chicken wings
- 1. To make the brittle:
- In a bowl mix the freesweet, salt, sesame seeds, cashew nuts, coconut flakes and ginger.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper or silicone mat and roast for 13-15 minutes on 180°C.
- Once roasted, refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 2. Preheat the oven to 200⁰C
- Or have the braai ready at medium heat. (The coals are red, but there are no more flames).
- 3. Whisk together all the hoisin sauce ingredients and set aside. Keep ½ cup of sauce separate to use later.
- Add the chicken wings to the hoisin sauce in a bowl and marinate for a minimum of 1 hour. You can also marinate these overnight in order for the meat to absorb the flavor of the sauce.
- Roast for 25 minutes until the wings are sticky and slightly charred.
- This can also be done on medium heat coals in a braai or on an open fire.
- 4. Serve the chicken wings with the brittle crumble, fresh coriander, spring onions and drizzle with the sauce that you set aside earlier.
For more recipes visit www.freesweet.co.za/recipes