← All Recipes
A freesweet recipe:
blueberry lemon and cucumber gin mojitos
Get creative with this refreshing cocktail
Serves: As many
For the Blueberry Simple Syrup
For the Blueberry, Lemon and Cucumber Gin Mojito
- Add blueberries and water to a medium sauce pan over low heat. The blueberries will begin to break down quickly — help them along by pressing them with a potato masher to aid in extracting the juices. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Strain the blueberry juice into a heatproof bowl, using the potato masher press the juice through the strainer. Reserve the juice for the Blueberry Simple Syrup and discard the skins.
- Add the blueberry juice and Freesweet back to the saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and allow to thicken for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the burner. Add the juice from half a lemon to your saucepan, stirring until incorporated. Allow your Blueberry Honey Simple Syrup to cool before using it in the Blueberry Lemon and Cucumber Gin Mojitos.
- Begin assembling your cocktail by adding lemon juice, mint and cucumber to a cocktail shaker and muddling them together with a pestle.
- Add Blueberry Simple Syrup and a few ice cubes. Shake vigorously until the cocktail shaker becomes cold.
- Add the contents of the cocktail shaker to your glass along with your gin. Pour soda water overtop to fill your glass to the desired level.
- Garnish your Blueberry Lemon and Cucumber Gin Mojito with a slice of lemon and a few blueberries on a cocktail skewer.
- Add a sprig of mint, or a few more edible flowers and enjoy!
For more recipes visit www.freesweet.co.za/recipes