A freesweet recipe:
vegan salted caramel balls
Serves: 15 balls
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Place 2 tbsp of the almonds onto a baking tray lined with baking paper. Cook for 8 minutes or until the almonds are slightly browned. They will also smell more nutty when done. When mostly cool, chop the almonds into small pieces. Place onto a plate mixed with 1/8 of the salt. Taste and add more salt if needed. Set aside.
- Add the flaxseeds and hemp seeds to a high speed blender and blend until the seeds are a fine consistency. Add the remaining 1/2 cup of almonds and olled oats and blend until they are a fine consistency as well.
- Add the dates, vanilla, Freesweet and remaining 1/8 of the salt and blend until everything comes together and looks fudge like.
- Roll the mixture into tablespoon sized balls. After you make each ball, roll them into the almond pieces. Doing this as soon as you rolled the mixture into a ball, ensures the almonds stick easily.
- Refrigerate for one hour or until cold before enjoying. Store these in the fridge.
For more recipes visit www.freesweet.co.za/recipes